Today is the one year anniversary of Hedge King in Winter.
Yes, believe it or not, one year ago today, my first fantasy novella, Hedge King in Winter, saw the light of day as a commercial publication. It was a 30+ year journey to that moment, from the day I first committed—as a naïve 12-year-old boy—to the idea of becoming a paid and published writer.
It was worth every minute of it.
But it’s not a road I could have traveled alone, so special thanks go out to:
- All the incredible fans, followers, and readers who’ve joined me on this Adventure in Indie Publishing.
- All the members of the awesome Authors & Professionals Co-Op for unfailing support and encouragement.
- All the amazing writers at the Indie Author Support & Discussion blog.
- Damyanti Biswas at the Daily (W)rite.
- Jean Lee of Jean Lee’s World.
- The many incredible writers, bloggers, and publishing professionals with whom I’ve had the privilege to work with over the years (too many to list here).
- My 10th Grade English teacher, Donna Spector, who saw something in me that everyone else missed.
- My family, friends, and sundry relations (you know who you are).
- My beautiful daughters, for whom anything is possible.
A Birthday Party Needs Presents
In the spirit of generosity and celebration that such an occasion demands, I recently sponsored a Happy Birthday to the Hedge King giveaway through Gleam. Contestants earned entries not just by joining the giveaway, but also by referring friends directly, or via tweets.
The prizes: FIVE LUCKY WINNERS will each receive A SIGNED PAPERBACK of my exciting FIVE-STAR action-adventure fantasy novella HEDGE KING IN WINTER!
Each handsome, 6″ x 9″ trade paperback features the beautiful artwork of renowned international fantasy artist Viktor Titov, an amazing map designed by fantasy cartographer Cornelia Yoder, and the first amazing tale of Lord Eowain and the troublesome hedge-kingdom of Droma!
The giveaway ended last night at midnight, at the very stroke when Hedge King in Winter went live last year, and today, I’m proud to announce the winners!
- Scarlett S. of Orange Beach, Alabama, USA!
- Melvin G. of Abingdon, Virginia, USA!
- Yevhenii P. of Poltava, Ukraine!
- Nancy B. of Gowanda, New York, USA!
- Britain H. of Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada!
Thanks to everyone who participated, and to all the fans, followers, and fellow-travelers out there.
Happy Birthday, Hedge King!
You’ve done your Poppa proud!